The Nitecore UM2 Intelligent Charger is an advanced charger that offers a LCD display which displays real time charging information and offers a USB charging port for charging on the go. The UM2 gets its intelligence from an optimized IMR battery charging program which is able to monitor the entirety of the charging process which ensures that the cut off voltage is always in safe limits which helps to extend the battery life of any batteries charged with the UM2.
By simply pressing the “V” button you can easily cycle through different information displayed on the LCD screen. The intelligence goes further by automatically selecting between 3 different charging modes (CC, CV, abd -dV/dt) based on the battery type and the capacity. By pressing the “C” button allows the user to change between different charging modes: 3.2V / 4.2V / and 4.3V. The UM2 offers the ability to restore over discharged batteries. When an over-discharged battery is detected, the screen will show “EE EE”. Holding down the “V” button will enter the UM2 into “Restoration Mode” and will continue charging the battery.
The Nitecore UM2 boosts its versatility by allowing multiple input sources so that you can charge the way that you want. A micro USB port is located on the back that allows micro USB charging from things like power banks and even USB wall adapters (not included). If the UM2 detects that a battery has been inserted with reverse polarity or with a short circuit, the screen will flash to show “EE EE”.
The efficiency of the UM2 does not stop there. If the UM2 has had no action to the batteries or buttons in 10 minutes, the screen with automatically dim to conserve energy. The UM2 is constructed from durable and fire retardant PC materials to ensure a safe charging experience. Built into the UM2 is an intelligent temperature regulation system that is designed to prevent overheating and increases of the stability of the charging process. Unique cooling fins are placed throughout the charger which drastically aide in the cooling process by efficiently dissipating heat.
- Dimensions: 152mm x 73mm x 40mm
- Weight: 148.3g
- Input: DC 5V/2A 9V/2A 18W (MAX)
- Output: 4.35 +/- 1% / 4.2 +/- 1% / 3.7 +/- 1% / 1.48 +/- 1%
- QC Mode: 1,500mA x 2 (MAX)
- Standard Mode: 1,000mA x 2 (MAX)
- Compatible with the following rechargeable battery types:
IMR / Li-ion / LiFePO4: 10440, 14500, 14650, 16500, 16340 (RCR123), 16650, 17350, 17500, 17650, 17670, 17700, 18350, 18490, 18500, 18650, 18700, 20700, 21700, 22500, 22650, 25500, 26500, 26650, and 26700
Ni-MH / Ni-Cd: AA, AAA, AAAA, C, and D
- Capable of charging 2 batteries simultaneously and controlling each slot independently
- Up to 1,500mA charging speed in a single slot
- Compatible with Li-ion and Ni-Cd batteries with the ability to automatically detect its chemistry
- Automatic detection of battery power levels and automatic selection of the appropriate voltage and charging modes (LiFePO4 and 3.8V Li-ion batteries excluded)
- Automatic selection between 3 different charging modes
- Energy efficient LCD display that provides real time charging information
- Capable of manually selecting the charging cut off voltage and the charging currents
- Automatic charging cut off upon completion
- Reverse polarity and short circuit protection
- Over discharged battery activation
- Li-ion battery battery restoration
- Overtime charging protection
- Constructed from durable and fire retardant PC materials
- Optimized heat dissipation through the use of intelligently placed heat sinks
- Certified by RoHS, CE, FCC, and CEC
- Insured worldwide by Ping An Insurance Company of China, Ltd.
There is no ads to display, Please add some
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: